The Los Angeles Angels (8-5) are set to take on the Baltimore Orioles (5-9) Saturday at 9:07 PM ET. The Angels are listed as -249 favorites by bookmakers, while the underdog Orioles have +205 odds for the contest. Los Angeles’ Noah Syndergaard gets the start, and he’ll go against Baltimore’s Spenser Watkins.
Table of Contents
Angels vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+205) and Over (8.5)
Angels vs. Orioles Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Noah Syndergaard
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Spenser Watkins
- Game Day: Saturday, April 23, 2022
- Game Time: 9:07 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Los Angeles Angels vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Noah Syndergaard
- The Angels will send Syndergaard (2-0) out for his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday against the Texas Rangers, when he went 6 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Opposing hitters have compiled a batting average of only .175 against him this season. He has a 1.59 ERA and 4 strikeouts per nine innings over his two appearances.
- Syndergaard will try to pitch five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.2 frames per outing.
- He will face an Orioles team that is hitting .209 as a unit (24th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .283 (29th in MLB) with four total home runs (30th in MLB).
Orioles Starter Spenser Watkins
- Watkins will get the start for the Orioles, his third of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Tuesday, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Oakland Athletics, giving up one earned run.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 2.25, a batting average against of .194 and 2.3 strikeouts per nine innings.
- Watkins has started two games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings one time. He averages 4.0 innings per appearance.
- The Angels rank fourth in MLB with 63 runs scored this season. They have a .249 batting average this campaign with 15 home runs (third in the league).
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have won seven of the 10 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Los Angeles has not entered a game this season with shorter moneyline odds than -249.
- The Angels have a 71.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in five of their 13 games with a total this season.
- In 13 games with a spread this season, the Angels are 7-6-0 ATS.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been victorious in five, or 35.7%, of the 14 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Baltimore has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +205.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Orioles have a 32.8% chance of walking away with the win.
- Baltimore and their opponents have hit the over in one of their 14 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Orioles have posted a record of 8-6-0 against the spread this season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Angels best power option comes in the form of Shohei Ohtani and his three-home-run nine-RBI season, both team highs.
- In all of MLB, Ohtani is 14th in home runs and 23rd in RBI.
- Brandon Marsh has made the most of his opportunities as he paces his team with nine runs batted in.
- Marsh has three games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .364 with two doubles, two walks and four RBI.
- Mike Trout is hitting .276 with three doubles, a home run and six walks.
- Trout is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .313 with two doubles, four walks and an RBI.
- Jack Mayfield has a double, a triple, a home run and two walks while hitting .333.
- Mayfield brings a seven-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last eight outings he is hitting .333 with a double, a triple, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Anthony Santander leads the Orioles with a team-leading batting average of .279.
- Santander is 90th in homers and 227th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Santander brings a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with a double, four walks and an RBI.
- Cedric Mullins has been a reliable source of runs this year, leading the lineup with two home runs and eight runs batted in.
- Mullins ranks 40th among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 35th in RBI.
- Austin Hays has four doubles and six walks while hitting .245.
- Jorge Mateo is hitting .250 with two doubles and four walks.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Orioles
After digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +205. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price