Two of the league’s top hitters will meet Saturday when the Los Angeles Angels (18-10) and Washington Nationals (9-19) take to the field at 9:07 PM ET. Mike Trout is batting .325 for the Angels (-170 favorites on the moneyline) while Josh Bell leads the underdog Nationals (+150) with a .344 average. Michael Lorenzen will get the ball for Los Angeles while Washington counter with Josiah Gray.
Table of Contents
Angels vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Nationals
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+150) and Over (8.5)
Angels vs. Nationals Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Michael Lorenzen
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Josiah Gray
- Game Day: Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Game Time: 9:07 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Los Angeles Angels vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Michael Lorenzen
- Lorenzen makes the start for the Angels, his fifth of the season. He is 3-1 with a 3.04 ERA and 14 strikeouts in 23 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Sunday, the righty tossed 8 1/3 innings against the Chicago White Sox, allowing three earned runs while surrendering nine hits.
- In four games this season, the 30-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.04, with 5.3 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .212 against him.
- Lorenzen is trying to secure his third quality start in a row in this matchup.
- Lorenzen is aiming for his third straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.3 innings per appearance on the hill.
- He meets a Nationals offense that ranks ninth in the league with 114 runs while batting .249 as a unit. It has a collective .358 slugging percentage (19th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 17 home runs (25th in MLB).
Nationals Starter Josiah Gray
- Gray (3-2) will take to the mound for the Nationals and make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander did not allow a run in 6 2/3 innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the San Francisco Giants.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 3.12, a 2.214 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.308 in five games this season.
- He has one quality starts in five chances this season.
- Gray has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Angels rank ninth in MLB with a .241 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks third in the league (.409) and 34 home runs.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have entered the game as favorites 21 times this season and won 15, or 71.4%, of those games.
- Los Angeles has entered five games this season favored by -170 or more and is 3-2 in those contests.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 63% chance of a victory for the Angels.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 12 of their 28 chances.
- The Angels are 15-13-0 against the spread in their 28 chances this season.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have come away with seven wins in the 23 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This year, Washington has won four of eight games when listed as at least +150 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Nationals have an implied victory probability of 40% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Washington’s games have gone over the total in 12 of their 28 opportunities.
- The Nationals are 10-18-0 against the spread in their 28 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Taylor Ward has gone yard six times this season, the highest mark on the Angels, while hitting .362 with 15 RBI.
- Trout has shown his power as he paces his team with six home runs with a team-high .325 batting average.
- Of all major league hitters, Trout ranks 13th in homers and 53rd in RBI.
- Trout has three games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani has four doubles, four home runs and 10 walks while batting .224.
- Anthony Rendon is hitting .212 with five doubles, three home runs and 15 walks.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Nationals are lead in runs batted in by Bell with a mark of 19, he also leads the team in hitting, posting an average of .344.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Bell’s home run total is 63rd and his RBI tally ranks 10th.
- Juan Soto has hit a team-high six home runs.
- Soto ranks 13th in home runs and 171st in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Cesar Hernandez is hitting .277 with seven doubles and five walks.
- Maikel Franco is hitting .274 with seven doubles, two home runs and six walks.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Nationals
We have the Nationals on the moneyline at +150 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price