The Washington Nationals (9-18), led by Cesar Hernandez on an 11-game hitting streak, will meet the Los Angeles Angels (17-10) Friday at Angel Stadium. The Angels are -185 favorites for the matchup, which starts at 9:38 PM ET . Washington is projected to give the ball to Joan Adon, while Los Angeles has yet to name a starting pitcher.
Table of Contents
Angels vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Nationals
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+165) and Over (9)
Angels vs. Nationals Game Info
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Joan Adon
- Game Day: Friday, May 6, 2022
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Nationals Starter Joan Adon
- Adon gets the nod for the Nationals and will make his first start of the season.
- The right-hander is making his first start of the year. The 23-year-old did not make an appearance on the mound last season.
- The Angels have scored 128 runs this season, which ranks first in MLB. They have 215 hits, sixth in baseball, with 34 home runs (second in the league).
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have won 14, or 70%, of the 20 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Los Angeles has a record of 2-1 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -185 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 64.9% chance of a victory for the Angels.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 12 of their 27 opportunities.
- In 27 games with a spread this season, the Angels are 14-13-0 ATS.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have been chosen as underdogs in 22 games this year and have walked away with the win seven times (31.8%) in those games.
- This year, Washington has won three of four games when listed as at least +165 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Nationals have a 37.7% chance of pulling out a win.
- Washington and their opponents have hit the over in 12 of their 27 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Nationals are 10-17-0 against the spread in their 27 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Taylor Ward’s six homers in 2022 are the most on the Angels. He’s also driven in 15 runs while hitting .368.
- Ward carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .294 with a double, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Mike Trout has shown off his power as he paces his team with six home runs with a team-leading .316 batting average.
- Trout is 13th in home runs in the majors, and 80th in RBI.
- Trout enters this game looking for his third game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with a double, a home run, four walks and an RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani has four doubles, four home runs and nine walks while hitting .231.
- Anthony Rendon has five doubles, three home runs and 15 walks while batting .222.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Josh Bell has put up a team-leading batting average of .356 while leading the Nationals in runs batted in with a mark of 19.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Bell is 62nd in homers and 10th in RBI.
- Juan Soto has a team-high six home runs.
- Soto is 13th overall in home runs and 169th in RBI this year.
- Maikel Franco has seven doubles, two home runs and five walks while batting .282.
- Hernandez has six doubles and five walks while hitting .278.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Nationals
Our best bet is the Nationals on the moneyline at +165 after looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price