The Los Angeles Angels (30-36), led by Shohei Ohtani on an 11-game hitting streak, will meet the Seattle Mariners (29-36) Saturday at T-Mobile Park. The Angels are -130 favorites for the matchup, which starts at 4:10 PM ET. Los Angeles’ Patrick Sandoval gets the start, and he’ll go against Seattle’s Chris Flexen.
Table of Contents
Angels vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+110) and Over (8)
Angels vs. Mariners Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Patrick Sandoval
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Chris Flexen
- Game Day: Saturday, June 18, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Los Angeles Angels vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Patrick Sandoval
- Sandoval makes the start for the Angels, his 11th of the season. He is 3-2 with a 2.83 ERA and 54 strikeouts in 54 innings pitched.
- The lefty’s most recent appearance came on Sunday against the New York Mets, when he tossed 6 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- In 10 games this season, the 25-year-old has an ERA of 2.83, with 9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .234 against him.
- Sandoval enters this matchup with five quality starts under his belt this year.
- Sandoval enters the game with six outings of five or more innings pitched this campaign.
- He will take the hill against a Mariners offense that ranks 17th in MLB with 511 total hits (on a .235 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .381 (19th in MLB) with 68 total home runs (14th in MLB).
Mariners Starter Chris Flexen
- The Mariners will hand the ball to Flexen (2-8) for his 13th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Minnesota Twins, giving up two earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 4.30 and 6.3 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .273 in 12 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start five times in 12 starts this season.
- Flexen has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Angels have scored 278 runs this season, which ranks 17th in MLB. They have 522 hits, 13th in baseball, with 80 home runs (sixth in the league).
- The 27-year-old ranks 50th in ERA (4.30), 57th in WHIP (1.418), and 55th in K/9 (6.3) among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have won 25, or 58.1%, of the 43 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Los Angeles has a record of 17-12 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -130 on the moneyline.
- The Angels have a 56.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in 32 of their 66 games with a total this season.
- In 66 games with a spread this season, the Angels are 31-35-0 ATS.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been underdogs in 43 games this season and have come away with the win 16 times (37.2%) in those contests.
- This season, Seattle has come away with a win 11 times in 29 chances when named as an underdog of at least +110 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Mariners have a 47.6% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Seattle and their opponents have gone over in 32 of their 65 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Mariners are 33-32-0 against the spread in their 65 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Not only does Mike Trout lead the Angels in hitting with his .289 average, he also is their premier power option with 18 home runs and 38 RBI.
- Trout’s home runs rank him fourth in MLB, and he ranks 25th in RBI.
- Ohtani is batting .255 with 13 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 24 walks.
- Ohtani is 20th in homers and 27th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Ohtani enters this game looking for his 12th game in a row with a hit. During his last 10 games he is hitting .366 with four doubles, a triple, two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Taylor Ward is hitting .315 with seven doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 26 walks.
- Jared Walsh is batting .252 with 11 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 13 walks.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ty France paces the Mariners with 44 runs batted in while accumulating a team-best batting average of .320.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, France’s home run total is 44th and his RBI tally ranks 11th.
- J.P. Crawford is hitting .291 with 13 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 29 walks.
- Crawford ranks 137th in home runs and 189th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Adam Frazier has 12 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 24 walks while hitting .229.
- Julio Rodriguez has 11 doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 20 walks while batting .267.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Mariners
After looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Mariners on the moneyline at +110. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price