The Los Angeles Angels (12-7) host the Cleveland Guardians (7-11) at 4:07 PM ET Thursday in a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. Mike Trout is batting .365 this year (sixth in the league) for the favored Angels (-154), while Jose Ramirez ranks ninth in the majors with a .353 average for the underdog Guardians. Los Angeles’ Reid Detmers and Cleveland’s Cal Quantrill have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Angels vs. Guardians Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Guardians
Our computer pick: Cleveland Guardians (+132) and Over (8.5)
Angels vs. Guardians Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Reid Detmers
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Cal Quantrill
- Game Day: Thursday, April 28, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Los Angeles Angels vs Cleveland Guardians Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Reid Detmers
- Detmers (0-1) gets the starting nod for the Angels in his fourth start of the season. He’s put together a 6.57 ERA in 12 1/3 innings pitched, with 12 strikeouts.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday, the lefty threw 5 2/3 innings against the Baltimore Orioles, giving up two earned runs while surrendering three hits.
- The 22-year-old has amassed an ERA of 6.57, with 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opponents have a .250 batting average against him.
- The opposing Guardians offense has the sixth-ranked slugging percentage (.405) and ranks 15th in MLB play with 16 home runs. It has a collective .253 batting average, and is seventh in MLB with 155 total hits and ninth in MLB action scoring 81 runs.
Guardians Starter Cal Quantrill
- The Guardians will hand the ball to Quantrill (1-0) for his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed six hits in 6 1/3 innings pitched against the New York Yankees on Saturday.
- The 27-year-old has pitched to a 3.94 ERA this season with 3.4 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.9 walks per nine across three games.
- He has one quality starts in three chances this season.
- In three starts, Quantrill has pitched through or past the fifth inning two times. He has a season average of 5.1 frames per outing.
- The Angels rank first in MLB with 95 runs scored this season. They have a .255 batting average this campaign with 25 home runs (second in the league).
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Angels have won 11 out of the 16 games, or 68.8%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles is 4-2 this season when entering a game favored by -154 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 60.6% chance of a victory for the Angels.
- So far this season, Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in nine of their 19 games with a total.
- The Angels are 10-9-0 ATS in their 19 games with a spread this season.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have won in four, or 30.8%, of the 13 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, Cleveland has been a moneyline underdog of -154 or better six times, losing every contest.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Guardians have a 43.1% chance of walking away with the win.
- Cleveland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 10 of their 19 opportunities.
- The Guardians are 8-11-0 against the spread in their 19 games that had a posted line this season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Trout supplies the Angels with an injection of both power and average, leading the team in big flies with five and hitting at .365. He has also driven in 10 runs this season.
- In all of the majors, Trout is sixth in home runs and 40th in RBI.
- Trout carries a 10-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is batting .432 with five doubles, a triple, four home runs, five walks and nine RBI.
- Taylor Ward is hitting .395 with two doubles, a triple, four home runs and 11 walks.
- Ward carries a three-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .467 with a double, a triple, three home runs, six walks and eight RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani is hitting .238 with four doubles, three home runs and six walks.
- Ohtani has at least one base hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
- Brandon Marsh’s 14 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
- Marsh brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .357 with a double, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ramirez paces the Guardians in home runs (six), runs batted in (25) and has recorded a team-best batting average of .353.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Ramirez ranks second in home runs and first in RBI.
- Ramirez has collected a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .235 with a double, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Owen Miller has eight doubles, two home runs and five walks while hitting .450.
- Miller is currently 67th in homers and 106th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Steven Kwan is batting .341 with five doubles, a triple and nine walks.
- Myles Straw is batting .261 with two doubles, a triple and 10 walks.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Guardians
Our best bet is the Guardians on the moneyline at +132 after digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price