Two of the league’s top power hitters meet Tuesday when the Los Angeles Angels (10-7) and Cleveland Guardians (7-9) take the field at 9:38 PM ET. Mike Trout has four home runs for the Angels (-157 favorites on the moneyline) while Jose Ramirez has four homers this season for the Guardians (+134). Patrick Sandoval takes the mound for Los Angeles while Triston McKenzie is Cleveland’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Angels vs. Guardians Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Guardians
Our computer pick: Cleveland Guardians (+134) and Over (8.5)
Angels vs. Guardians Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Patrick Sandoval
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Triston McKenzie
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 26, 2022
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Los Angeles Angels vs Cleveland Guardians Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Patrick Sandoval
- Sandoval (0-0) gets the starting nod for the Angels, his third this season.
- The lefty last pitched on Wednesday against the Houston Astros, when he threw 4 2/3 innings, allowing no earned runs while giving up four hits.
- He has a .00 ERA and 12.4 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are hitting .233 against him over his two games this season.
- He meets a Guardians offense that ranks eighth in the league with 75 runs while batting .256 as a squad. It has a collective .408 slugging percentage (sixth in MLB action) and has hit a total of 14 home runs (15th in MLB).
Guardians Starter Triston McKenzie
- McKenzie will get the start for the Guardians, his third of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 4 1/3 innings, giving up one earned run while allowing one hit against the Chicago White Sox.
- He has pitched in three games this season with an ERA of 2.38, a 1.833 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.059.
- The Angels have scored 82 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB. They are batting .247 for the campaign with 23 home runs, second in the league.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have been favorites in 14 games this season and won nine (64.3%) of those contests.
- Los Angeles has a record of 2-2 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -157 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Angels have a 61.1% chance to win.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by bookmakers in eight of 17 chances this season.
- The Angels are 8-9-0 against the spread this season.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have been chosen as underdogs in 11 games this year and have walked away with the win four times (36.4%) in those games.
- Cleveland has yet to win this season when listed as an underdog of +134 or worse on the moneyline this season.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Guardians have a 42.7% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Cleveland have gone over the total set by bookmakers in nine of 17 chances this season.
- The Guardians are 8-9-0 against the spread in their 17 games that had a posted line this season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Trout paces the Angels with four home runs while accumulating a team-best batting average of .326.
- Trout is 10th in home runs and 143rd in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Trout has collected a hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .444 with a double, a triple, two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Taylor Ward is batting .367 with a double, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Ward carries a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with two home runs, six walks and four RBI.
- Brandon Marsh has put up a team-high 13 runs batted in.
- Marsh has at least one base hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .385 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani has three doubles, three home runs and six walks while batting .211.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ramirez leads the Guardians with four home runs and 20 runs batted in, while posting a team-best batting average of .350.
- Ramirez ranks 10th in homers and first in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Ramirez takes a hitting streak of 10 games into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .257 with two doubles, a home run, five walks and six RBI.
- Owen Miller is hitting .455 with seven doubles, two home runs and five walks.
- Miller is 56th among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 87th in RBI.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .341 with five doubles, a triple and nine walks.
- Myles Straw is batting .258 with two doubles, a triple and nine walks.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Guardians
After looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Guardians on the moneyline at +134. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price