The Los Angeles Angels (23-13) are set to take on the Oakland Athletics (15-21) Sunday at 4:07 PM ET. The Angels are listed as -129 favorites by sportsbooks, while the underdog Athletics have +108 odds for the contest. Patrick Sandoval will get the ball for Los Angeles while Oakland counter with Frankie Montas.
Table of Contents
Angels vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Athletics
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+108) and Over (7)
Angels vs. Athletics Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Patrick Sandoval
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Frankie Montas
- Game Day: Sunday, May 15, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Patrick Sandoval
- Sandoval (1-1 with a 2.02 ERA and 27 strikeouts in 26 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Angels, his sixth of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Sunday, the lefty went 5 2/3 innings against the Washington Nationals, giving up three earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- In five games this season, the 25-year-old has put up an ERA of 2.02, with 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .227 against him.
- Sandoval has two quality starts under his belt this season.
- Sandoval will try to extend a four-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.1 innings per outing).
- He will face an Athletics offense that ranks 25th in the league with 121 runs while batting .200 as a unit. It has a collective .311 slugging percentage (29th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 22 home runs (27th in MLB).
Athletics Starter Frankie Montas
- Montas (2-3) will take to the mound for the Athletics and make his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs in 6 1/3 innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Detroit Tigers.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in seven games this season with an ERA of 3.77, a 3.417 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.000.
- In seven starts this season, he’s earned four quality starts.
- Montás has pitched five or more innings in seven straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Angels rank first in MLB with 178 runs scored this season. They have a .246 batting average this campaign with 48 home runs (first in the league).
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign, the 29-year-old ranks 39th in ERA (3.77), 17th in WHIP (1.000), and 23rd in K/9 (8.6).
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Angels have won 19 out of the 27 games, or 70.4%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles is 11-5 this season when entering a game favored by -129 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Angels, based on the moneyline, is 56.3%.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 17 of their 36 chances.
- The Angels are 20-16-0 against the spread in their 36 chances this season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have been victorious in 11, or 39.3%, of the 28 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Oakland has a win-loss record of 8-16 when favored by +108 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Athletics have a 48.1% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Oakland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 14 of their 36 opportunities.
- The Athletics are 18-18-0 against the spread in their 36 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Taylor Ward is batting .384 with five doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 21 walks.
- Ward brings a hitting streak of five games into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .471 with a double, two home runs, four walks and seven RBI.
- Mike Trout has shown off his power as he paces his team with nine home runs with a team-leading .314 batting average.
- Trout is fifth in homers in MLB, and 31st in RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani has sent home a team-high 24 runs batted in.
- Ohtani is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is batting .273 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Anthony Rendon is hitting .217 with six doubles, four home runs and 17 walks.
- Rendon takes a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with a double, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sean Murphy paces the Athletics in home runs (four) and runs batted in (17).
- Murphy ranks 60th in home runs and 53rd in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Sheldon Neuse’s .281 batting average paces his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Neuse is 144th in home runs and 95th in RBI.
- Tony Kemp is hitting .216 with four doubles, a home run and 13 walks.
- Elvis Andrus has five doubles, a home run and 11 walks while hitting .208.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Athletics
We have the Athletics on the moneyline at +108 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price