The Los Angeles Angels will look to pick up their 23rd win of the season when they take on the Oakland Athletics (14-20) Saturday. The game begins at 4:07 PM ET, with the Angels listed as -119 favorites on the moneyline. Los Angeles’ Jhonathan Diaz and Oakland’s Paul Blackburn have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Angels vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Athletics
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+100) and Over (7.5)
Angels vs. Athletics Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Jhonathan Diaz
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Paul Blackburn
- Game Day: Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Jhonathan Diaz
- Diaz gets the call to start for the Angels, his first of the season.
- The 25-year-old left-hander makes his season debut and pitches for the first time in more than a year.
- The Athletics rank 24th in run scoring in the league (116) this season and are batting .199 while hitting 21 home runs (27th in the league).
Athletics Starter Paul Blackburn
- The Athletics will hand the ball to Blackburn (4-0) for his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Monday, when he threw 6 2/3 scoreless innings against the Detroit Tigers while allowing four hits.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 1.74, an 8.667 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .871 in six games this season.
- In six starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in one of them.
- In six starts this season, Blackburn has lasted five or more innings five times, with an average of 5.1 innings per appearance.
- The Angels have scored 166 runs this season, which ranks first in MLB. They are batting .246 for the campaign with 46 home runs, second in the league.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Angels have been favored 26 times and won 18, or 69.2%, of those games.
- Los Angeles has entered 23 games this season favored by -119 or more and is 16-7 in those contests.
- The Angels have a 54.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 16 of 34 chances this season.
- The Angels are 18-16-0 against the spread this season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have come away with 11 wins in the 27 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Oakland has been victorious 11 times in 27 chances when named as an underdog of at least +100 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Athletics have a 50% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Oakland’s games have gone over the total in 13 of their 34 opportunities.
- The Athletics are 18-16-0 against the spread in their 34 games that had a posted line this season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Mike Trout leads the Angels with nine home runs and has put up a team-best batting average of .323.
- In all of MLB, Trout ranks fifth in homers and 31st in RBI.
- Taylor Ward is batting .361 with four doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 19 walks.
- Ward carries a four-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a home run, five walks and two RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani is batting .242 with six doubles, six home runs and 11 walks.
- Jared Walsh has collected 23 runs batted in to lead his team.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sean Murphy has put up a team-high four home runs and has driven in 17 runs.
- Murphy is 57th in home runs and 49th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Sheldon Neuse’s .281 batting average paces his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Neuse ranks 139th in homers and 83rd in RBI.
- Tony Kemp has three doubles, a home run and 12 walks while batting .220.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .212 with five doubles, a home run and 10 walks.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Athletics
Our best bet is the Athletics on the moneyline at +100 after looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price