The Oakland Athletics (14-19) roll into Friday’s matchup with the Los Angeles Angels (21-12) looking to extend a three-game winning streak. The contest starts at 9:40 PM ET with the Angels listed as -148 favorites on the moneyline to stop the Athletics’ streak. Chase Silseth starts for Los Angeles while Daulton Jefferies is Oakland’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Angels vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Athletics
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+128) and Over (7.5)
Angels vs. Athletics Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Chase Silseth
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Daulton Jefferies
- Game Day: Friday, May 13, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Chase Silseth
- Silseth starts for the first time this season for the Angels.
- The righty will make his MLB debut. He’s 21 years old.
- The Athletics have MLB’s 23rd-ranked scoring offense (116 total runs) and have put up a .203 batting average as a team while hitting 21 home runs (27th in the league) this season.
Athletics Starter Daulton Jefferies
- Jefferies (1-5) will take to the mound for the Athletics and make his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw five innings against the Minnesota Twins, giving up four earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 5.22 and 5.8 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .286 in six games this season.
- In six starts this season, he’s earned one quality start.
- Jefferies has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Angels have scored 164 runs this season, which ranks first in MLB. They are batting .247 for the campaign with 45 home runs, first in the league.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have won 17, or 68%, of the 25 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Los Angeles has a record of 7-4 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -148 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Angels have a 59.7% chance to win.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 16 of 33 chances this season.
- The Angels have an ATS record of 17-16-0 in 33 games with a spread this season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have been victorious in 11, or 42.3%, of the 26 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Oakland has been victorious six times in 17 chances when named as an underdog of at least +128 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Athletics have a 43.9% chance of pulling out a win.
- Oakland and their opponents have gone over in 13 of their 33 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Athletics have an against the spread record of 18-15-0 in 33 games with a line this season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Mike Trout has a team-best batting average of .337, and leads the Angels in home runs (nine).
- Including all MLB hitters, Trout is sixth in batting average, first in on-base percentage, and first in slugging.
- Taylor Ward is batting .367 with four doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 19 walks.
- Ward has three games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a home run, six walks and two RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani is batting .250 with six doubles, six home runs and 11 walks.
- Ohtani has at least one base hit in five straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .381 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Jared Walsh has put up 23 runs batted in to pace his team.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sean Murphy leads the Athletics in home runs (four) and runs batted in (17).
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Murphy’s home run total is 55th and his RBI tally ranks 43rd.
- Sheldon Neuse’s .291 batting average paces his team.
- Neuse ranks 133rd among all hitters in MLB in home runs, and 72nd in RBI.
- Tony Kemp has three doubles, a home run and 11 walks while hitting .226.
- Elvis Andrus is hitting .198 with five doubles, a home run and 10 walks.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Athletics
We have the Athletics on the moneyline at +128 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price